Sow Your 2016 Seed of $2.17 or $20.17 or $200.17 or $2000.17 or $20,000.17 or $200,000.17 or more into our Ministry through Paypal: information@kwforchrist.com

Friday, September 25, 2015

Hard Work Will Pay Off






Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men. ( Proverbs 22:29 KJV)

Continue to be diligent - you shall reap your rewards!

I heard the shout of my name from the other side of the road. I looked around and there was a mother crossing the road to approach me with a glow on her face. Having reached close enough and smiling, she said, "He's doing his degree now you know. He's studying something to do with computers." I instantly and immediately became overly joyous and proud.

You see friend, this mother brought her son to me shortly after I delivered my Valedictorian Speech from the halls of The Verchild's High School. She said, "I want you to be the example for my son. Your speech was great and he needs to start listening to someone or he'll be kicked out of school after fourth form or grade 10. I hope you can work with him and help him because he needs lots and lots of help."

I was sixteen at the time. I was just out of high school and I had agreed to work with the chap. After a few sessions, I wondered what I had gotten my self into. The young man could barely read, he had poor mathematical and comprehension skills, all his grades looked terrible. In my head, I said, only a miracle could change things.

Nevertheless - I worked and worked and worked with him. I was persistent and I forced him to be persistent too. I constantly reminded him that if he didn't work hard, he would have to leave school at the end of fourth form and he won't reach very far without qualifications.

After fourth form promotion exams, the chap did indeed make it to fifth form. Here now, the hard work had to continue. It was some late nights and long days, ensuring he completed his school based assessments and studied his work. He was a much better reader now, he was actually a star at Mathematics and he was slowly but surely grabbing hold of his other subjects thanks to The Dare 2 Be Different International Academy - www.daretobedifferentacademy.com (Previously known as The KVK Learning Institute). As I am a computer freak, he too became one. This made him a star in Information Technology.

When exam time came, I was a bit anxious. I really wanted the young man to do well. Not just well, REAL  WELL. 

I gave him his last words of encouragement and guidance. I said, "You know _____, over the last two years I've worked with you, I see that you have what it takes to shine in these exams and to reach far. I won't be with you in the room, but God will be right there. Before you take each one of those tests, before you even take up the paper, stop and pray and ask God to help you to remember just what you would have practiced and studied and he will help you."

He did as recommended and I couldn't wait for results to be announced. When they were finally announced, he passed SEVEN general subjects with a distinction in Computer (Information Technology). This was a child that the St. Kitts - Nevis SCHOOL  SYSTEM had earmarked to be thrown out of school when his mother approached me for HELP  FOR  HER  SON.  I was so happy, I could have back flipped several times and danced like David.

So, today, over TEN years after I graduated from High School, I am very happy to hear that he is completing his Bachelors Degree and is the I.T supervisor at a job he holds while he studies.

What the Bible says is indeed true. Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men. ( Proverbs 22:29 KJV)

I am a firm believer in giving people a CHANCE. We all need chances in life. It is a fact that all students are not academically inclined, thus there is an URGENT  NEED  to put in place a working Vocational and Skills training programme for our youth.

Dare 2 Be Different provides skills training in Craft, Sewing, Information Technology, Landscaping and Cooking on a case by case basis to help to empower youth through our Mission Mobilization and P.E.Y.D.O (Pushing Entrepreneur Youth Development Opportunities) Projects through out Dare 2 Be Different Academy - www.daretobedifferentacademy.com that has been operating for over 10 years.


Continue to WORK  HARD. A prize is at the end of your diligence. Don't Give Up!

Brother Khrystus V. K. Wallace
Dare 2 Be Different International - www.daretobedifferentskn.com 
President & Founder - Since June 2008 


Whatsapp: 1-869-661-0118
Other Tel: 1-869-765-7270


 SKYPE: kvkent
















No comments:

Post a Comment