Sow Your 2016 Seed of $2.17 or $20.17 or $200.17 or $2000.17 or $20,000.17 or $200,000.17 or more into our Ministry through Paypal: information@kwforchrist.com

Friday, November 27, 2015

Strive For Excellence

Everybody loves to chill with Brother Khrystus and print at KVK ENTERPRISES - www.kvklives.com







Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)

Be the BEST – Give the BEST – Strive for the BEST!

My afternoon classes and homework sessions came to a sympathetic halt yesterday as a tearful second former entered my gate. The tears rushing down his eyes drew much attention from my students and I had to quickly cease from being a teacher and turn counselor right away.

Like Jesus, I had to leave the ninety and nine to deal with this one. What was the problem I wondered? Probably his mommy or daddy had just given him a good spanking I thought. Maybe something serious had happened at school or home.

The little lad was brought all the way from the city area to my rural business home for encouragement.

As we sat in the nice cool country breeze, away from the onlookers, I let him let out the tears and cry and cry and cry – then I asked. “What’s the matter now?” In a crackling tearful voice, he responded, “I didn’t do well on my midterm exams and I do not waste my time, I’m always studying.

WOW – WOW – WOW! I thought. What a young man! What a star to be! He was taking the advice of the Apostle Paul in Phillipians 4:8 to Strive for Excellence in ALL THINGS.

I shared some of my personal experiences and struggles from school and life. I told him of one of my most memorable school challenges. You see – I too had some poor grades at many midterms too.

Having gone from ALL A1s, I was demoted to 5A2 after 4th Form promotion exams. I told the young chap that although I felt bad, I didn’t let this experience deter me from doing my BEST, it propelled me to WORK  EVEN  HARDER. After the 5th Form results came back, I graduated Valedictorian. I made History – an A2 student was crowned Valedictorian. A student who was DEMOTED, was now PUBLICLY  PROMOTED. It proved that HARD WORK, a POSITIVE  ATTITUDE, mixed with a touch of JESUS yields SUCCESS.

The young chap soon stopped crying. I drove as much  POSITIVE  HOPE  MESSAGES into his little mind. He was now smiling. I finally prayed a Jabez prayer over his life and he was back to normal again. Honestly, I couldn’t get him to leave. He called his mom who approved extra time. Even after ALL the students would have left, he still demanded of me that he needed extra help for a test he was having on the morrow. He came crying but left smiling.

Much of my weekdays are spent encouraging people. I answer countless calls, text messages, emails. I have short and long counseling sessions. I hear from the simplest to the most complicated problems. Yet, this little boy would have left an indelible message on my heart. ALWAYS  STRIVE  FOR  EXCELLENCE.

I’m taking up his challenge from today. I’m learning from my mistakes. I refuse to stay down and discouraged when obstacles come in my way.

Let’s agree together: When we fall, We’ll get back Up. We won’t let the past keep us down, but rather propel us onward, forward and upward.

In MUCH  HOPE and ANTICIPATION, Let’s STRIVE for the BEST – Let’s STRIVE for EXCELLENCE and watch God crown our POSITIVE efforts with success.

Deal? - Deal!


Brother Khrystus V. K. Wallace
Dare 2 Be Different International - www.daretobedifferentskn.com 
President & Founder - Since June 2008 


Whatsapp: 1-869-661-0118
Other Tel: 1-869-765-7270


 SKYPE: kvkent






No comments:

Post a Comment