Sow Your 2016 Seed of $2.17 or $20.17 or $200.17 or $2000.17 or $20,000.17 or $200,000.17 or more into our Ministry through Paypal: information@kwforchrist.com

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Is the 21st Century Modern Church Doing More Harm Than Good?"


Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2  KJV)

This topic has been walked over in my study book for a long time. I honestly wished that after Dare 2 Be Different's worldwide survey conducted over the last 5 months with my ministry followers around the world, my thoughts would have dramatically changed. Sadly, this is not the case.

I think it would be a sin to turn my telephone off when people are hurting and need help. So, the question lurks, "Is the 21st Century Modern Church Doing More Harm Than Good?"

I asked several youth in different countries, "What is Church?," and many of their answers were quite similar. Most prominently, many believed that church is a SHOW, a place for ACTORS, a Christian HollyWood, a place where people go to feel OPPOSITE of how they've behaved during the week.

I was taken back and since February, 2012, I didn't want to continue this survey anymore.

I remember a little chap in a group very well. He added, "It's one of the best BUSINESSES to start now a days. You don't need capital. You just need a good motivational voice and some people and you'll be making money like crazy. Those people will tell other people and once you don't offend them, the church will grow and make alot of money"

I asked the chap, "Are you are christian? Or do you come from a christian home?" He laughed loudly and said, "Mr. you don't need to be a Christian to be a pastor. You don't need to be a Christian to motivate people to give you their money. I will study Pastoring and become one. I will build a theme park in my church, preach a short hyped message and let the youth go out and have fun on my rides and many will want to come. They will bug their parents to come to my church and their parents will follow them. In these hard times, that's the best BUSINESS to run. Wait till I'm done with school."

I shook my head and walked away in shock. Society and most importantly many of the youth now think that the church's aim is to MILK  THEM  DRY. How sad?

Is The 21st Century Modern Church Doing More Harm Than Good?

And then, just this morning, a high ranking church member who attends a church in my local island messaged me from home. The person explained that they were out of church for some time (WEEKS) because of one of life's typical happenings and no one, NO  ONE, Not even the pastor has given a call or passed by. "I send my offerings and tithes faithfully still though." They went on to add, "Brother Khrystus, do you know that I'm at home, not going out and members still call me to donate things for events they're having and NO  ONE has ever said that they missed me in church. The person was crying and felt like never going back to any church since this is what church is about now-a-days. Be human reader, you would probably feel the same way too - settle down. What ever happened to Acts 15:36 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do.

Is The 21st Century Modern Church Doing More Harm Than Good?

I won't tell you what a faithful member who was at the Alexandra Hospital in Nevis (West Indies) called our ministry line to say. This one would be what I call XRATED for this my devotional. The person, a seasoned Christian seemed to have grown mad and angry with ALL CHRISTIANS, especially those in the church they were attending. I won't mention the comments here. The person did say though, "and then we call ourselves Christians."

As I continued to bemoan the situation for the past months, I had to asked myself the question, "Where is the brotherly love spoken about in Hebrews 13:1?"

By now you know that Dare 2 Be Different Int'l is a Youth Ministry, even though our internet marketing company's research tells us that our Hope Devotionals impact more people between the twenty-eight (28) - forty-five (45) age range around the world. Thus, I spend much of my time, talking to, guiding, helping and inspiring young people. While in a little chat, I asked a youth who seemed to be between 20 - 25, her views about church. It was as if she was waiting for someone to ask her that question years ago.

She quickly answered. "Nobody in church is doing what people in churches are suppose to be doing. The church people are suppose to be caring and loving, but I think they are selfish, greedy and non caring. Church people are suppose to be helpers, but they would see you suffering in the same church they go to and leave you there. These are the people who always have their hands up the highest you know and so full of the holy spirit that they fall down and a sheet has to be put over them."

I couldn't laugh, I was an ashamed minister of the gospel. Look at what others were saying about us. Many didn't even know I was ordained or I don't believe they would have spoken like that because suffering church goers and members seldom talk to their leaders, but rather, they are afraid of them.

Another young person spoke to me and I could feel the pain inside. "I can't get to worship Brother Khrystus, I can't get to worship. Is it OK to get up and leave my church like that? The worship leader has sex with a sibling of mine in our house and they are not married then curse the people from the podium when they are not singing and praising and worshiping. One of the high ranking men in the church is going  with someone's wife and the pastor knows about these things and isn't dealing with them.

I can't worship brother Khrystus, I can't worship." I had gone out of this world for a bit, but came back when the person said, "You there? You there?"

This was a youth that we are supposedly suppose to be guiding to lead the church in the next couple years. I understood them so well and wondered again -  Is the 21st Century Modern Church Doing More Harm Than Good?"

I can go on and on and on with many other accounts from youth and those young at heart because God allows me to talk with, guide and help people all across the world - My network and readership is large. A lady who lost her job because of worldwide hard times, and doesn't have anything much to eat and feed her children, but is a faithful attendee at one of the local churches in St. Kitts told me, "Brother Khrystus, churches don't help now a days you know. I am not looking for them to look after me, just give a little help during my hard times. I cant pay offering and tithes and donate now, so I guess I ain't needed." Her cry wasn't anything new to me, I hear that so very often.

I sometimes wish I had it enough to help empower the world.

I guess the writings of Paul to the Church at Galatia weren't written for our time right?
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2  KJV)

Why have we as God's people become so self centred, selfish, non caring, ungodly? Notice I say WE.

Are we really being an example for those that should be following us? Are we telling others to do one thing and we are doing the next? Is the 21st Century Modern Church Doing More Harm Than Good?

If WE continue down this path, May God Grant Mercy on the Next Generation To Come as they look at us and live their TOMORROW. What a great example we're giving!

Are you a church-goer or church member who has been forgotten by your pastor and church because you're now a shut-in? Are you a church attendee who attends a church that is stiffling the holy spirit because the lives that members live are not pleasing to God? Don't give up on GOD!

Why do you go to church anyway? Is your answer like a young man in his twenties that I asked? "I go because it's the thing to do on Sundays and that's what mommy taught us. The people in the church live just like me, so why change?"

To the pastors and other ordained ministry leaders, do you remember that we have to give an account to God for the souls that he has put under our watch? Are we really doing our jobs and being servants to those we should be servants too? Or. .  .are we busy devising new and cunning plans to grow our membership so we can get more offerings and tithes and buy bigger buildings and busses. Or we SO  HIGH...that no one can reach us now because we got the name PASTOR?

People are hurting and need our help. I have searched and searched and searched the Bible to try to find some scripture where JESUS was found MILKING  THE  PEOPLE  OF  THEIR  MONIES  rather than helping or healing or teaching. Maybe you have it, kindly send me the chapter so I can add it to my study notes in my office.

Reader - Check your church and it's leaders. These are the last days. Some churches are run by men and women ANOINTED by GOD. Others are run by men and women who were put there by others because they are good speakers or came from a family line of preachers. Others are in the position simply because they saw CHURCH  WORK as a good BUSINESS.

2 Corinthians 11 warns of many of these preaches who are portraying themselves as ministers of righteousness when they are not .
(2 Corinthians 11:13-14)  13. For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

I again would like to postulate that I believe sooner than later, we will see another Jim Jones happening and we must seek GOD  NOW to ensure that we are not being INDOCTRINATED by the wrong set of leaders. Noah Spoke - People Refused to Listen. (Isaiah 55:11 reminds that God's word won't return unto Him VOID) BEWARE!!!!

What example are WE setting? We ALL need to pull up our socks and REPENT and ask forgiveness from TODAY because I don't believe I am alone when I ask, "Is the 21st Century Modern Church Doing More Harm Than Good?"

HOPE  IS  AHEAD  once we aim to get the enemy out of our fellowships and walk with and help our brothers and sisters in their Christian walk as (Galatians 6:2  KJV) suggests. Let's DARE  TO  BE  DIFFERENT - SHALL WE?



Brother Khrystus V. K. Wallace
Dare 2 Be Different International - www.daretobedifferentskn.com 
President & Founder - Since June 2008 


Whatsapp: 1-869-661-0118
Other Tel: 1-869-765-7270


 SKYPE: kvkent









No comments:

Post a Comment