Sow Your 2016 Seed of $2.17 or $20.17 or $200.17 or $2000.17 or $20,000.17 or $200,000.17 or more into our Ministry through Paypal: information@kwforchrist.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Treat Yourself - Pamper Yourself - Just Get Away!


I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. (Psalm 139:14 KJV)


If you see me sometime soon and notice that I'm carrying a few extra pounds on my tummy, please forgive me. Sometimes you just have to treat yourself!

A few weeks ago, I wanted to just relax my brain, pause from my usually busy business schedule, block out customers and clients and just treat myself. So, I bought a big bucket of chocolate chip ice cream, turned off my cell phone, moved away from my computer where I practically live, turned on a movie, put my feet high up in the air and ate and ate and ate. Maaaaaan - did I eat. When I was finished, I went into a deep sleep until the next day. When I awoke, I felt re-energized and ready to go.

Friend, I beg of you, I  AM  BEGGING YOU, to pause sometimes to just RELAX, RE-ENERGIZE, REJUVENATE and then continue. When you do this, you are saying to God, "Lord, I thank you for fearfully and wonderfully creating me and I am going to take care of my life and body that you have lent to me."

The truth and reality is that if I kill myself doing ministry and business, after I'm dead, you'll find some other reading to read. Right? You'll find some other person to teach you other than The Dare 2 Be Different International Academy - www.daretobedifferentacademy.com. You'll find some other t-shirt printing shop other than - www.kvklives.com.  Nothing is wrong with that - that's life! It must go on.

Too many times, may of us, ME  INCLUDED, just keep going and going and going, like the energizer battery without taking time out to treat ourselves and take care of our health. While this may not be a sin, I don't recommend it at all.

When last have you gone to get a FULL  MEDICAL from your family doctor just to see how your body is doing? You don't want cancer or diabetes or hypertension or a blood problem to creep up on you like that. Notice what is happening to many cancer patients. They find out too late and within two weeks to three months, many of them are dead. Go take a FULL  MEDICAL. (Doctors around the world owe Dare 2 Be Different a commission for this free advertisement)

SLOW  DOWN! Let me tell you something, when you are sick or die, your employer would just buy a wreath or not even buy one because times are slow. They MAY show up at your funeral and give your family members a card and then start interviewing for your position immediately after. Sometimes even before you die, they already have the person to fill it. Love your job and do your best, but know when to STEP  AWAY  to  RE-ENERGIZE.

I can tell you personally as a businessman running http://www.thecaribbeanprintshop.com/. If an employee contacts me in the morning to say they can't be in for the day, less than a minute after they hang up, I get a temporary worker. If they resign today, I go through my list of applications, do interviews and hire by the following day, so they can teach them before they leave. One person who resigned a few years back, commented, "It's like you were waiting for me to go eh." I responded, "It's not that, but I can't be left stranded, I have to be prepared or I'll suffer when you're gone."

It's not that I don't care, but the work must go on, with or without them. Since this is the case, stop taking pay for your vacation time even if things are rough, because money doesn't mean anything to you in your nice mahognany box. Sometimes it will create more fighting after you're gone if you don't have a WILL. (another free advertisement for our legal experts)

With hard times following the world for the next couple years, after working HARD for ten to thirty years at a private firm, does your boss have a gratuity or pension plan in place? Can your company still afford to pay for the current one since business is slow? I noticed in the news this week, that a state in the USA cut some government worker salaries to minimum wage recently. So even firemen and others weren't pleased but I assume they will hold on for the sake of having a job.

Will governments around the world have to cancel gratuity plans or only pay 25% gratuity instead of 100%  and  50% pension? These are the issues of life. Don't overwork now and then regret you hadn't taken some ME-TIME while you worked IF you get a shocker after retirement.

A client that contacted our ministry sometime back, had retired for over a year in her country and was depressed, because she couldn't get her promised payout after working for twenty five years. These are the issues of life. My job was to encourage her to hold on still because the matter was slowly stressing her and killing her she said. She handn't begun to even enjoy her retirement at all because of the back and forth trying to get her gratuity.

I dream of retiring when I'm 30 or a few years there after. There's nothing wrong with dreaming - RIGHT? Thus, I work extra hard now, but I promise from today, to take MORE  ME-TIME and balance life, ministry and business so I can stay energized. Balance is CRITICAL!


So friend, Dare 2 Be Different International recommends that you always make time to have some  YOU-TIME  or  ME-TIME. Shut off the world and pamper yourself. Go for a luxurious dinner alone! Order something you never ate at all.You don't have to carry your boyfriend or girlfriend or husband or wife. When someone sees you and asks you, Why are you alone?" or wants to talk business, or church or work,  simply and politely say, "Kindly forgive me, but I'm taking some ME-TIME and we'll talk some other time." Nothing is wrong with that!

Go sit on the beach ALONE! Take a long drive ALONE and turn off all the talk shows on your vehicle radio. Go for a long walk ALONE in an open enough place. Lock yourself up in your room naked and just relax and admire God's handy creation.

Sit and reflect on how you can move on from past hurts and mistakes. ME-TIME  usually allows God to speak to you and give you solutions to your problems.

Friend - Sometimes you have to just TURN  YOUR  CELL  PHONE  OFF.  GET  FROM  BEHIND  THE  COMPUTER. TAKE  SOME  TIME  ALONE  AND  AWAY!

Save for a vacation and just GET  AWAY to somewhere you've never been before! Save for a cruise, take a night out at a local hotel room and just stay there for the day in all the luxury. Call the receptionist and get some room service.

 I've carefully monitored what happens before and  after funerals. Is this statement correct? "When one dies, family and friends mourn, while others stay shocked that someone had suddenly died. A good percentage of the world talks about why you died and how good or bad you were and what your spouse is going to do now and who will get your job and what killed you. Preparation is made for the funeral and family members usually remain sad. The tears then flow for a while during the funeral and after one leaves the cemetery, the dead is remembered now and again."

I hear my mom talk about my grandmother and grandfather, now and again. She smiles, shares experiences and remembers their contributions and how they trained her, but then we move to another topic soon after.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. (Psalm 139:14 KJV)

I believe one of the ways we can ALL praise God, is to take time out to take care of our health, treat and pamper ourselves to show him that we are appreciative of his touch in our lives. We all do that in different ways. So, if you see me with a TWO  LARGE Lobsters and eating away with my hands and face all dirty sitting in The Independence Square, (a historical site in St. Kitts) ALL  ALONE, just leave me and smile as you walk pass by. I give you permission to say, "That boy is just a crazy boy and knows how to have fun and relax." (It may not be the best way to take care of my health since Lobsters are high in cholestorol, but at least EATING keeps me happy, so. . .

Hope is Ahead for you and your health, once you pause to treat yourself and get away sometimes.


Brother Khrystus V. K. Wallace
Dare 2 Be Different International - www.daretobedifferentskn.com 
President & Founder - Since June 2008 


Whatsapp: 1-869-661-0118
Other Tel: 1-869-765-7270


 SKYPE: kvkent









No comments:

Post a Comment