Sow Your 2016 Seed of $2.17 or $20.17 or $200.17 or $2000.17 or $20,000.17 or $200,000.17 or more into our Ministry through Paypal: information@kwforchrist.com

Thursday, August 30, 2012

I DO NOT Charge for Counselling Sessions

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. (Matthew 10:8  KJV)

PLING! My phone went off. When I checked the text, the person asked me a somewhat strange question (at least to me) and I figured that I had to answer her personally and answer those of my worldwide readers  and followers who were wondering the same thing.

"How much do you charge for counseling sessions?" I responded, "Nothing! Free!" The person proceeded, "Ohhh Seriously???? Lol. It's Shocking, I figure you wudda  charge a fee." I responded again, "Nope - God's Work."

When I checked the telephone number of the text, I later recognized that I had received a call from that person the day before. They were crying and all they told me is that they were feeling really down, but didn't get into details. I guess they figured that I would say there was a fee to talk and help them and they thought that they couldn't afford it.

While many ministers of the gospel may think, believe and do otherwise using 1 Corinthians 9:14 as their support, I just can't get to charge for a counseling session. God always provides for me as he sees fit. Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

If I decide to charge, what becomes of the person who is thinking suicide but wants to talk to me or a minister or counselor but can't pay? What becomes of the battered wife or mistreated spouse who just needs some advice but he/she just can't afford it? What becomes of the child who just needs a listening ear but has no money at all?

Isn't this why we have so many people going crazy, suffering from high blood pressure and thinking suicide 24-7? It's simply because they think that FREE help isn't available. Well Friend . . . .it is through Dare 2 Be Different International.

Brother Bob Holbert of North Carolina freely gave of his time back in July 1996 when he came on a mission trip; presented the word to me and many other boys and I accepted Jesus. Thus, freely I received, freely I give. What if he didn't freely give of his time, then probably, I wouldn't be saved today and making an impact with my team.

Matthew 10:8 KJV Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. 

How can I see the hurting truly HURTING and turn them away because they don't have the minimal OFFICE  COUNSELLING  FEE? I don't think that is Godly at all.

I know that many times as ministers, we may tend to get discouraged when we do so much giving and bless so many people and we don't see any or many returns. I do know what it feels like when no one seems to be supporting your vision and just admiring it from the outside when you not only invest your time, but your personal money that should be feeding your family and still not seeing anything.

I want to still recommend that you think-outside-the-box to raise funds for your ministry and not ever dare to charge for such a critical ministering opportunity as COUNSELLING. GOD  WILL  PROVIDE  ONCE  YOU  TAKE  TIME  OUT,  SIT,  THINK  AND  USE  THE  WISDOM  HE HAS  GIVEN  YOU  FOR  MINISTRY.

Do not give up because people are not forth coming with support. God has given me the ideas to survive in ministry even when support isn't forthcoming and to help ministry folks survive too with my ideas, but so many stay away from my help for their various reasons. I  help local and global ministries with innovative ideas all the time - www.kwconsultingskn.com. (This is another creative fundraiser for our ministry. When I work for the ministry, the gifts belong to the ministry)

I believe God continues to bless my efforts in ways I can't comprehend. Note: Although I wish at times, it would be a BIG  FINANCIAL  BREAKTHROUGH, he knows how to keep me in order and under his wings, so he is holding back that UNTIL. Let me run through a few of the blessings God has sent my way since I started preaching at age 15 and dodging the darts of gossip, hatred, envy and more that the enemy continues to throw after me to try and kill me before I make a bigger impact.

* Do you know that I have a free pass to eat at some local restaurants simply because the owners listen to me on radio or watch me ministering the word on www.thevictorycentre.com or find me on my YouTube Channel or Facebook Link? It's not just restaurants, but I get invited out to eat and socialize so much that I probably have to ask God for a second reserve belly.

 Now let's talk and be honest. My team and I and mother and I are always at it with this one. A particular restaurant owner said to me, "Wallace, you're doing a great work, when ever you're hungry, come and eat and drink for FREE. Come everyday if you want. That's my way of taking care of you." Now, am I not a liberty to go EVERY SINGLE  DAY?  Isn't that a blessing from God? That could save me from buying breakfast or lunch or dinner. Right? Doesn't God bless in different ways and when he does, we throw away his blessings thinking they are not important? Why should I go to KFC or Chinese or somewhere else and pay when I can get it for FREE? Much of my team says I shouldn't go everyday even though the owner said so and if I venture to go EVERYDAY they get angry with me, saying the owner didn't mean everyday. Then what did they mean?

* Do you know that Anglican's, Catholics, Methodists, Moravians, Seventh Day Adventists around the world are reaching out to Dare 2 Be Different and offering to partner and help with our different programs for youth as they are amazed by our ideas and how we are successfully using technology and really reaching the world.

* Can I tell you that an international Christian Banker is advising us on the various funding alternatives to build the Dare 2 Be Different International Mission Centre? When he called, he was surprised that the President answered the phone. He immediately knew my voice from watching my sermonette videos. He said, "My wife and I along with my only son head to www.hopeisahead.com for guidance as we hold our morning devotions. As a little boy, you just know how to break down and present the gospel so that even a baby could understand. That is ministry! Keep it up! One day, when things get better for us, we will bless all the good that you're doing in St. Kitts and sooner rather than later, we'll take a trip down to see you and your little household ministry reaching the world."

* I think it has been about 10 years now since I haven't bought clothes, chains, bracelets, accessories etc. I don't spend a dime on this area of my life and my wardrobe is filled with the latest clothing and accessories. Not because I carry myself up and down in a www.kvkenterprises.com or www.d2bdifferent.com T-shirt 85% of the time and some old draggers, doesn't mean I don't have clothing. My local and international following takes care of me. They shower me with what I need, as God impresses upon their heart. I love going to customs to clear my little parcels from people who bless me. I love answering calls that say, Brother Khrystus, I just got a barrel and something is in it for you.

* Over my 11 years of ministering. I made / bought no more than 2 suits. God blessed me with all the others. New and Used (I'm not afraid to say so - used things are a blessing still - ain't it?) So feel free to Bless Dare 2 Be Different with your used equipment as we establish our Global Network of Victory Centre Churches.

* When ever I'm travelling, unless to represent ministry or government, all I take with me is some underwear in my laptop bag. (Take away my computer and internet access and you may give me a heart attack). I also carry an empty FAITH bag and my passport, the exact money to shop for exactly what I want and to pay for the hotel and eating expenses. My mom hates me travelling like that, but I believe in Matthew 10:10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat

Ask my family, I usually return with the empty bags I carried in FAITH, filled and overflowing. Over the last 2 years, quite recently, I've never landed or sat on a plane or on a bus or in the airport, after engaging someone in coversation, without hearing them say that they did come across Dare 2 Be Different International (www.d2bdifferent.com) or our Hope is Ahead  website (www.hopeisahead.com) or www.kvkenterprises.net. I don't think it's coincidence, because God uses these very people to bless me, feed me and take care of me, especially since they are excited that they met me in real life.

* Can I tell you that I am sometimes blessed with American Travel Miles that people donate to me? And by now you probably know that I LOVE  NEW  EXPERIENCES, NEW IDEAS and TRAVEL  OPPORTUNITIES. So if I feel like leaving on American this afternoon - I'll pay the taxes and I'm gone.

* Can I tell you how individuals bless me with sweet potatoes and other ground provisions for myself and family and some ask us to make something with the items they give to raise funds for our ministry? Money is tight, and people still want to give, so they are being creative.

A lady who continues to be blessed by our ministry doings, called me recent"Brother Khrystus, I don't have money and I have always wanted to support, so I went to pick some tamarinds and I am giving you some sugar so you can find someone to make tamarind jam and you can sell it to raise funds." That was God. My mom, a ministry team member is into agro-processing, so she does make guava jams, gooseberry jams, drinks, tamarind balls etc for local consumption and export as her little business and for our ministry too. That was God!

* Can I tell you that some hotel owners around the world have told me that when ever I come to their island, I can stay at their hotel for free? Yes, Dare 2 Be Different is reaching the world.

* Can I tell you that parents and adults sign up for our classes each semester, not just to learn, but also to ensure that they are apart of our extra activities that bless them and so that they stay in a positive environment. We've restructured as The Dare 2 Be Different Academy & Bible Institute now - http://daretobedifferentacademy.blogspot.com/

* Did I tell you that this very week, we received all five students into our Federation from the USA, who kept following what Dare 2 Be Different International is doing in St. Kitts - Nevis through Face book. They started talking to me about the schools here and whether they were good or bad, the crime rate, food prices etc. They listened to me, enrolled and got accepted into local universities here, took my advice to ship in food through my shipping company www.shopandshipskn.com  and internet grocery - www.theinternetgrocery.com and I'm helping them settle in.





While they were on orientation, although I was very busy, I went out of my way to take their parents out to shop for souvenirs and of course let them see me print souvenir t-shirts and items before their very eyes. They were amazed at my homebased setup.

I then took them down to a Dare 2 Be Different Supporter at the Amina Craft Market and did they shop. The vendor was so grateful for the sales and of course I boasted that that is what we call ministry - looking after those who support us.

The parents of these students were so happy for my help and for saving them taxi money and they did sow into the ministry. They were so grateful and commented, "This is really what ministry is about. Going out of your way to help people, and you're so busy." Some of you probably did see me busy with folks over the last 7 days or saw a few pictures on Face book - Yes - Dare 2 Be Different has helped Worldwide Youth to relocate to St. Kitts - Nevis to study and we didn't get a stipend for our recruiting service from these universities, but that’s ok. To be marketing St. Kitts - Nevis like this, and to be using facebook in such a positive way, is one way I get to put Country Above Self as our island's motto says.

When I carried a mother to the airport yesterday morning, she hugged me, we took pictures, she gave me her number and address and she said, "Dare 2 Be Different brought my 23 year old daughter to St. Kitts, take care of her and help her. She's getting adjusted to the weather so she seems to be coming down with a cold, so you know that means you have to go get her some medication at the pharmacy." She smiled, we hugged and she cried her way off. I felt like I knew her for years. Here again, when I travel to her state sometime in the future, I won't have to pay hotel fees. You call that doing ministry and networking. Maybe if she tells her pastor about me, I may get an opportunity to preach in her state too.

That was just one experience out of the five. Our ministry is reaching the world. Can I tell you that one of the student's parents, ordered some work shirts with her logo for back home in the USA and has already contacted me to say that having spoken to her boss about how helpful our ministry is, we're going to be printing and exporting the shirts for that USA  SCHOOL from St. Kitts - Nevis.

Just give of your service to God and he'll take care. I always stand amazed at how God is turning things around slowly for my business now that I'm putting HIM  FIRST  and  BUSINESS SECOND. (He had to cause me to CRASH before he got my attention - How Sad) So.....I can now begin to say, that as God rebuilds KVK - www.kvkenterprises.net, St. Kitts isn't my only market.

Over the last six weeks, folks who follow Dare 2 Be Different in St. Thomas, St. Eustatias, Montserrat, Tortola and the USA have ordered items from us. They may not give directly into Dare 2 Be Different, but a percentage of every dollar spent at www.kvkenterprises.com , www.thecaribbeanprintshop.com or www.thesupplyshopinc.com goes towards our ministry.

* I can go on and on and on talking about blessings that God has showered over my life over all the years of working for him for free.  I believe this is so because I counsel and HELP through ministry, not looking for anything in return.

So friend, I hope I've cleared the air - I DO NOT CHARGE for counseling. In person, on the phone, facebook, myspace, twitter, blackberry etc. NO CHARGE.

God has given me a condition, word of warning and advice in order for my business to turn around. He has said - "Khrystus - ME  FIRST, everything else AFTER. As long as you follow that formula given in Matthew 6:33, the world will stand amazed at your testimony in the not too distant future as I allow you to struggle and suffer, be scared and learn the hard way as you build EXPERIENCE to deal with the future. I will bring you back up and enlarge your territories and bless you. Many times you will have to STAND  ALONE, like Daniel and Moses and Joshua and Caleb and Noah, but DO NOT BE AFRAID.  Many churches19 and church leaders will hate you simply because you are organized and actively doing my work with the little resources that you have for ministry and no weekly offerings and tithes and love gifts on a consistent basis to help. Many times your view will not be the popular view, but it will be the ONLY  RIGHT  VIEW, do not be afraid to speak and warn!"

God continued, "many will eat their words and every bad wish and negative word spoken over you or gossiped about the work you're doing for me through Dare 2 Be Different will turn back and come to pass on those that uttered them unless they repent. Those that bless your ministry and support your business, even your sworn enemies, will in return receive a double portion of my favour upon their lives and the lives of their children for as long as I tarry.

Always remember that trendsetters and activists in Bible days and after, were never popular among the scribes and the Pharisees, so be prepared to suffer and to be called down and nailed to a cross for my name. When these things start happening, know for sure, that Dare 2 Be Different is making its biggest impact."

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33. Pray for me, pray for our team as we try our best to give of as much properly planned and organized service to God first because the King's business requires the BEST and he PROMISES to take care of us all.

Hope is Ahead one we just dedicate to give freely of our service to God.


Khrystus Wallace
President,Techno-Evangelist, Motivational Speaker, Preacher, Youth Advocate

http://www.d2bdifferent.com/   

God has called Dare 2 Be Different to establish a new brand of churches around the globe called Victory Centres (www.thevictorycentre.com) which started as an online church . Dare 2 Be Different has been reaching the world with 4 dedicated young people . You can help us to establish our mission in your country. All we need is 4 dedicated team players. Learn more at: http://daretobedifferentlicense.blogspot.com/ 

The Victory Centre is opening in St. Kitts - Nevis - see how you can help: http://victorycentrevision.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment