Sow Your 2016 Seed of $2.17 or $20.17 or $200.17 or $2000.17 or $20,000.17 or $200,000.17 or more into our Ministry through Paypal: information@kwforchrist.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

You Can Rise Above The Turmoil


And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. (2 Chronicles 20:20  KJV)

I did come from a broken family. Please don't be surprised.

I definitely know that some of my readers know, but the other 99% of my worldwide readers are just finding out today. I share many of my life experiences to show you that I'm just as human as you are, and I go through very similar struggles that you do too.

I plan to write on as many experiences as I can, as long as I have breath and life. Thus, when I have a good or bad experience, I immediately start documenting it to either help and encourage or warn. Trust me, at 25 years - I've been there.

When Brother Bob Holbert of the Northside Baptist Church visited St. Kitts on a missionary trip to conduct Vacation Bible School with his team, little did he know that God sent him all the way from North Carolina to lead me to Christ some fifteen years ago. God strategically selected him to teach my class - 9 to 11 year old boys.

At ten years old then, I knew I needed some sort of intervention or I would go crazy. My outer smile and involvement in church activities, school competitions and other extracurricular activites always seemed to shroud my inner pain.

Where was this pain coming from? You probably ask. It came from the fact that I was a second to last child growing up, with three other brothers, in a home that the devil was wrecking. I won't go into detail here, but someday in the future, you'll head to the theatre somewhere in your country to watch my life story Part I and II, on the big screen under the heading, "You Can Rise Above The Turmoil," as soon as I finish the script. I actually want to direct this movie myself, because no film producer would be able to let actors play their part as close to the real happening than one who LIVED the pain.

Please forgive me. It's just too much to say here. As I type, it brings back memories and it still hurts.

When Brother Bob told his class of a New Hope in Jesus Christ and encouraged us to let Christ become our father, I was one among a handful of other boys to give JESUS a try.

This is the first time I'm ever saying this, even to Brother Bob who still keeps in contact some 15 years after.
But. . . . If Jesus Didn't work, I would have resorted to my first plan of running away and . . . . . . .

It wasn't fun that my morning alarm clock would be LOUD daily arguments. It wasn't fun listening to my mom being called the most dispicable names anyone on the face of the earth could have been called. It wasn't fun. . .  .(ooops I'm going too far now)

But. . . JESUS did make the difference! An immediate difference. We were taught never to tell anyone about what was going on. So, I always held it in. I never told my Sunday School Teacher. I never told my Pastor. I never told the School Counselor.

I had to find someway to encourage myself and stay SANE in the process. I had to find someway to still shine in my school work. I wanted to make myself and my Mother, Yvette Wallace, who was also responsible for fathering me, VERY PROUD.

Thus, I held on to as many powerful and motivational Bible verses as I could. I believed firmly in what II Chronicles 20:20 said, "Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld."

So. . . I made Bible reading something as key and important as bathing my skin. I didn't just read, but I wrote a summary on what each passage of scripture that I read, meant to me. I then went on a quest to read the entire Bible, of course not in a year, but read it and write a summary on everything that I read. One day, if you ever get to stop by my home, I can gladly show you. It'll make you smile.

I guess you're saying that I was one weird boring boy. That's O.K to think - doesn't bother me at all. Today, I'm grateful that I did spend so much time there. (I'm not perfect though, God is still doing alot of work on me)

I do believe because of my FAITH in God, he has helped me every step of the way. He has helped me leap over hurdles and climb over mountains and count my blessings.

Amidst the turmoil of a family in ruins and going through a divorce, God allowed me to become President of a Kids Club at fifteen years old. Amidst the family turmoil, I represented The Dr. William Connor Primary School and The Verchilds High School in numerous competitions and always placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Amidst the pain and the wishes that life would settle down for us, I was the youngest lead speaker and debater to ever enter a High School Debating competition in 2nd Form and beat debaters double my size from The Basseterre High School.

To make matters worst, after heading to 1A1 then 2A1 then 3A1 then 4A1, I was demoted to 5A2. What an encouragement to face my final  high school exams. I don't believe teachers really knew what I was going through at HOME.

But God knew. . . Yes he did and he wanted to make my TEST a TESTIMONY that no one could ever take from me and one that I could use FOR  AS  LONG  AS  I  LIVE.

When CXC  EXAMINATION results came back, I was selected VALEDICTORIAN since I brought back the results, making history across the Federation of St. Kitts - Nevis, because you really don't find Valedictorians coming from A2s.

Friend -You Can Rise Above The Turmoil! You can make it over the hurdle! You will get through that storm! Things will work out for you! Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. (2 Chronicles 20:20  KJV)

Hope is Ahead!

In closing, Mommy - Daddy - Guardian. If your child/ward were to have a chat with me today and ask me to share their life story at HOME here. Would you be proud?

My dad has lived to apologize to us all for the pain and hurt that his actions as a Father has caused. I have lived to hear him warn us "NOT  TO  EVER  FALL  OUT  OF THE  WILL  OF  GOD." Friend, I forgave him years and years and years ago, even before he apologized.

One thing that is definitely hard to erase though, are the scars that have been left on our hearts. I think the more you read these devotionals, the more you get to understand why I must listen and help our YOUTH, simply because I understand them. Simply because I know their struggles. The more you read, the more you understand why I remain an advocate for children rights and a firm believer in building relationships on God - http://www.loveshouldlast.com/

It's 12:35am (21/3/2012), I can't get to sleep as my mind keeps going back down memory lane. Don't let your children endure this pain!



Brother Khrystus V. K. Wallace
Dare 2 Be Different International - www.daretobedifferentskn.com 
President & Founder - Since June 2008 


Whatsapp: 1-869-661-0118
Other Tel: 1-869-765-7270


 SKYPE: kvkent









No comments:

Post a Comment