Sow Your 2016 Seed of $2.17 or $20.17 or $200.17 or $2000.17 or $20,000.17 or $200,000.17 or more into our Ministry through Paypal: information@kwforchrist.com

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thank God for A Mother Like Mine

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.  Proverbs 22:6  KJV

I wish every young person had a mother like mine. A mother like Mrs. Yvette Wallace



While thousands of feet above ground the other day, I scribbled this Hope Devotional about my mother. I write them all over the place. I believe one day, you may probably find one lying around somewhere - cherish it, it may be intended to empower you.

Before flying, there is always much preparation needed to ensure everything is in order. A couple weeks back, while moving around here and there before leaving for the airport, my mother stopped me and said, "make sure you eat." Mothers know their children well. I guess she knew that sometimes I get so caught up, I really forget to eat.

When I sat at the table, she had already brewed me a cup of tea and placed a well prepared sandwich in front of me. I was grateful. My mind then went back through the twenty five years of mommy's care. We never understood some of her rules and oft times we thought they were a bit too much. We are grateful today. Let me run through a few.

* We were always to do what was RIGHT. If we did something wrong, she would sit us down, give us a long talk as to why she was going to spank us, then make us repeat Provebs 22:15, Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.  This was so intimating, but today we're grateful.

* STAY  POSITIVELY  OCCUPIED. After dinner, to teach us to stay positively occupied and be industrious, we were to go and care for the rabbits, dogs, sheep and pigs, do our homework and set for bed around 9pm.

* Look Professional - Stay Humble. We always had to wear our shirts in our pants even if we were dressing casually. She was teaching us to be professional all the time.

I can go on and on and on with dozens of other rules. Many we didn't understand and agree with, but we now are grateful today.

* Take Care of Your Teeth and Body. Mommy wanted to break the generation of Dentures, so she never gave us candy until we were seven or eight years old and brushing our teeth became like breathing. Today, none of her four children have dentures, well at least not yet. (SMILE). If we get, it'll be our fault.

Mommy constantly taught us the importance of saving and not keeping all our eggs in one basket. She carried us to open accounts and started small fixed deposits that she handed all over to us at eigteen years old. She told us that what we do with what she saved for us will help to determine our destiny and we can never say that she didn't give us a start. She taught us about the importance of real estate and we should never let our land grow wild with bushes when it can work for us if we farm it.

We were some rich 18 year olds. She gave us a good start indeed. We always looked forward to turning eighteen as she promised to get us what ever we wanted to start life. At 18, my twin brothers asked for a car each, and she gave them. My younger brother asked for an advanced keyboard and I asked for a US$299 t-shirt printing machine that has brought me to where I am today - http://www.kvkenterprises.com/.

She had it tough, having to train and manage four growing boys herself and struggle with the pain of a home being ruined due to adultery. I always admired her stance. It was a must that we be at church. Thus, we were there for the 11am service. We had to go back for 2:30pm Sunday School and return for 7:30pm church. I guess she had in her mind, that with the absence of a father, the church was to assist in our upbringing.

Today, we are all still actively involved in church work. Time won't permit me to go through everything. I am grateful to have shared this 0.1% of my Mother's Impact on our lives, with you. What ever her four boys do in life, that may not be right, we can never blame MOMMY because she trained us RIGHT - She played her ROLE.

She was firm in being both MOTHER  AND  FATHER. She ensured that we became independent men by teaching us both male and female things. So, yes we can use a sewing machine. Some of us better than some. Yes - we can cook nearly any and everything - so our wives won't be burdened with that. We honestly shouldn't be buying bread and cake and pastries because mommy showed us that too. She prepared us well for our future.

Mommy reminds me of the Virtuous Woman talked about in Proverbs 31:10. She was always doing something outside her regular Teaching Career to make life. Sewing ironing board covers, making sugar cakes, jams, coconut fudges, decorating dolls for clients, teaching one on one reading classes to children and adults. (http://www.alteritskn.com/)

That's simply why I always say, I want to marry a wife with traits like my mother.

I'm happy I'm giving my mom her flowers now, while she's alive because I just don't know when she'll be called home to Glory. You should too. Thank God For A Mother Like Mine.

Parents - Train up a child in the way they should go: and when they are old, they will not depart from it.  Proverbs 22:6  KJV

We've erred as sons, many times. There is one thing we know though, is that we'll never forget the teachings of our mother. They will not depart from us. Even if we would have gone far away from them like the Prodigal Son at times, there is still HOPE for us, there is still HOPE AHEAD because mommy ensured that she planted GOOD  SEEDS  from the moment her four sons were born. Good Seeds usually yield Good Fruit.

These words from our mother's mouth continue to take us throughout life, "Children, try your best to always do right. When you slip and fall, don't stay down. Never give up. Keep on pushing. God will never let down those who trust in him."

Hope is Ahead once we Train Our Children Right!


Brother Khrystus V. K. Wallace
Dare 2 Be Different International - www.daretobedifferentskn.com 
President & Founder - Since June 2008 


Whatsapp: 1-869-661-0118
Other Tel: 1-869-765-7270


 SKYPE: kvkent









No comments:

Post a Comment