Sow Your 2016 Seed of $2.17 or $20.17 or $200.17 or $2000.17 or $20,000.17 or $200,000.17 or more into our Ministry through Paypal: information@kwforchrist.com

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Let's Take Care of Ourselves


What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  (1 Corinthians 6:19  KJV)

Have you ever noticed that many times, mechanics drive the worst cars? Tailors and Seamstresses don't wear the best clothes? T-shirt printers like myself, many times are always caught wearing other people's prints and designs? Many chefs claim that they don't eat their nice delicacies? We can go on and on.

We must always remember to take care of ourselves!

I'm a bit ashamed to say this. A few weeks back, I paused from my work and as I sat and thought, my eyes went down into the garbage bin close to my desk. I opened my eyes and became instantly surprised. I saw five Festival sweet biscuit wrappers, two Tosh biscuit wrappers, a kit kat bar wrapper and I was eating another snack as I looked and was also drinking a soda. Nothing of nutritional value was being added to my body.

Don't bash me now, many of you are just like me or even worst. Did you prepare a nice home cooked breakfast or lunch for today? Did you rush out and pick up something quick by the bakery or vendor by the side of the road? I wonder what percentage of my worldwide audience would answer YES - I DID THAT. You've probably bowed your head with hopes that your office colleague who reads our Hope Devotionals doesn't come over and start teasing you - right?

Are you planning on going down by the Fast Food Restaurant that deep fries their chicken and fries? Are you planning on stopping by the lady or gentleman by the side of the road again when you honestly don't know about all the extra things they add to your food when the doctor told you not to use them?

Many of us are guilty as charged. I am certainly not a dietitian or nutritionist. Many of us are not. One thing I know is that we all know when we are not eating right. That explains my belly that seems to be growing and growing and growing. . . . .and growing. I can take a hair cut quite often, but to take a belly shave is very hard to do when the pounds are on.

It's my choice or your choice to take care of our bodies - our temples. Oft times I see us ensuring that the church building is clean and well prepared for service. So too, we must ensure that our soul is emptied out of every sinful thought and deed by repenting of our sins and asking God forgiveness, and that our bodies are well taken care of to do the Lord's work.

Friend. . . .All hope is not lost. I have to cut back on the festival biscuits and sodas and deep fried chicken and fries etc. I have to drink some more water and eat some more fruits and exercise. I have to stop buying so much at the restaurant and spend a few minutes preparing my extra snacks and meals. Well. . . .I'm still fortunate to have mom's home cooked means daily.

You should join me in TRYING to take care of yourself. It would really be a sad thing to die while preaching a sermon or fall out of this chair while penning one of these Hope Devotionals and have the autopsy report say that too much fat was around my heart, so I suffered from a Heart Attack.

I know God would let me into heaven because I'm saved, but I wonder what he would be pleased since  I failed to take care of myself.

I know employers or leaders won't want me to say this, but from the minute you are hospitalized or on sick leave for too long, many superiors already start looking for your replacement. If you die today, they start interviewing for your position tomorrow. They will attend your funeral and buy a wreath for your grave, but live goes on without you from the minute the service ends. All people will have of you is a faint memory now and again. So, slow down, take time to take care of yourself. Let's Treat Our Temples RIGHT from TODAY!

Let's take care of ourselves! HOPE  IS  AHEAD!

Brother Khrystus V. K. Wallace
Dare 2 Be Different International - www.daretobedifferentskn.com 
President & Founder - Since June 2008 


Whatsapp: 1-869-661-0118
Other Tel: 1-869-765-7270


 SKYPE: kvkent









No comments:

Post a Comment